Used by competitors and trainers for building confidence and body awareness, cavalettis are flip adjustable hurdles that help your dog become a stronger competitor. They are not used for jumping, but instead your dog walks over them in a row to develop balance, perception, and strengthen its ability to stretch, lift, and use all four legs with accuracy and agility.
- Made with UV resistant plastic
- Plugged ends
- 3' in width
- Decorative tape included
- Detailed training instructions for various cavaletti exercises
- Free shipping!
Cavaletti Sizing Guide
These cavalettis come in small, medium, and large, with four adjustments within each size. To determine the basic size needed, measure your dog's rear hocks when he or she is standing on all fours (the distance from the ground up to the elbow joint). Choose cavalettis that have the most sizes that are at or under your dog's hock size.
We suggest getting a minimum of 4 cavalettis, but between 5 and 10 are recommended for best results. You can mix and match sizes, but remember the goal is for your dog to walk over them, not jump.
- If your dog has a 12" hock or larger, we suggest getting all larges.
- If your dog has a 11" hock, you can use only 3 sizes within the large. We suggest you get mostly larges, and throw in 1 or 2 mediums if desired.
- If your dog has a 8"-10" hock, we suggest getting all mediums.
- If your dog has a 7" hock, you should not use the 8" height in the medium, but you can use the other 3 heights. We suggest getting mostly mediums, and throw in 1 or 2 smalls if desired.
- If your dog has a 6" hock, we suggest getting all smalls.
- If your dog has a 5" hock, you would want all smalls. You should not use the 6" height on the small.
- If your dog has a 3- 4" hock, you should only use two heights on the small size, so order all smalls.